Tuesday, January 1, 2013

LIFETIME PICNIC

As a small child, I remember,I wanted the acceptance of my parents for whatever I used to do.May be all I wanted was that they equally own whatever good or bad I performed.Their reassurance was badly needed.As the time passed I became a little more cautious....not to upset a friend or a sister or a brother or this somebody or that somebody. Believe  me the list got longer and longer.A time came when I was surrounded by more disapproval than approval.I tried harder & harder to please everybody around me,but I failed as expected.I could never please everybody.
One day I decided (after umpteen rounds of introspection & expression),I decided that after the new dawn I would please MYSELF ONLY, of course without harming others & performing all my duties.Here it is.I have to please only one person that is me.Although it is not very simple to please even oneself, still it's much much better than pleasing others.With passing days,months & years everybody around seems to be happy with me, may be only apparently,but doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't destroy my peace,my lifetime picnic.
Over the years I have learnt the importance of myself.Sometimes I watch today's generation & feel that they are living for themselves.As long as they don't forget their duties towards themselves & others it is all  right.

No comments: